[Ironpython-users] How to free memory in ironpython

Djordje Spasic issworld2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 10 07:59:22 EST 2016

Thank you for the reply Alex,

I apologize for misunderstanding you.

If I try to call the OGR2OGR method like that:

convertToShapefiles_Result = utils.OGR2OGR(utils, osm_filePath, shps_filePath, bstrOptions, None)

Then I get an error message:

Could not convert argument 0 for call to OGR2OGR

I posted a question about this on this very mailing list earlier this year. Stéphane Lozier suggested that I should instead use:
convertToShapefiles_Result = MapWinGIS.UtilsClass.OGR2OGR(utils, osm_filePath, shps_filePath, bstrOptions, None)
And it worked perfectly. Since then, I am calling all MapWinGIS methods which require opening of some sort of a file like this. And they work with no problem.
Otherwise I always get an error message:
Could not convert argument 0 for call to "name of the method"