[Madison] welcome, and upcoming meeting

Benet Devereux benetd at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 18 21:03:10 CEST 2008

Welcome to new list members!

Since this list is starting to grow but have very little traffic (as yet), I thought it might be worthwhile for us to briefly introduce ourselves and describe what we're looking for from the group.

Me: dropout from a Ph.D. program in computer science at the University of Toronto (in formal methods, if you must know..); I first got into Python through working at Microsoft, of all places, where I spent a very enjoyable six months working on IronPython, the version of Python built atop the .NET Framework. This last spring I went to PyCon in Chicago, where I found there was no user group in Madison, but plenty of advice on how to start one, so I am attempting to do so. Things have become a bit frenetic in my life, which has interfered with promoting the group, but perhaps some of you can help spread the word. :)

Our next meeting is scheduled for the coming Tuesday, July 22nd, at the Madison Central Public Library at 7PM. All welcome!

-Benet