[Madison] meeting report, and request for suggestions

Benet Devereux benetd at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 16:20:38 CEST 2008

So the meetings continue to be, well, a bit small. :) This one was just me and Abraham. That being the case, conversation was a bit meta - mostly to do with fostering and connecting user groups in general, and of course the upcoming BarCamp this weekend.

My initial idea for meetings was to have them be very unstructured: just a place to meet and interested people, and we would talk about Python-related things. (Or not, even, depending.) This might not be what everybody is looking for, though, so I'm tossing out this request for suggestions and requests - what would listmembers like to see at meetings, that would make them worthwhile to go to? Some possibilities:

  - talks on a particular Python module (built-in, or an extension)
  - talks on a Python-related technology (Twisted, Django, Zope/Plone, etc.)
  - reports on a specific use of Python to solve a problem
  - compare-and-contrast of different Python modules in the same problem domain; this could be a cooperative thing, where several listmembers go off and install and play with one module apiece, and then share experiences at the meeting.

What would you like to see?

-Benet