[Madison] modest proposal: meet at geek dinner instead

Chuck Martin cwurld at yahoo.com
Tue May 5 17:22:51 CEST 2009

Hi Max,

I think it would be great to get this group going.

I tried to help Benet with this but I kind of stumbled on trying to find a place to hold meetings. I think it would be great if we could have them on campus - the business school has some rooms that would be great for this. The problem I ran into is that since I am no longer a student, I could not reserve a room. Maybe with you helping out, that could change.

The other thing that I think we should do is put up flyers (or whatever medium students use these days) around campus. My wife is a designer. I think I could get her to whip something up for us. I live out in the middle of nowhere. So if you could post them, that would be great.

Benet mentioned that the general thought in the past was to make these events more social - perhaps have them at a bar. I think it would be very difficult to discuss these things at a bar. So my preference would be to start the meeting in a quieter place, then migrate to a bar. The study pub at Fluno is pretty nice.

In any case, it would be nice to get to know you. I too am an entrepreneur. I use python all the time. I do a lot of work in Django.

Best,
Chuck