[Mailman-Announce] Re: [Mailman-Users] [ANNOUNCE] Mailman 2.0 beta 1

bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 14:20:56 -0500 (EST)

    RH> You know what really bugs me: It's called mailman.tar.gz

Try http://www.list.org/mailman-2.0beta1.tgz.  mailman.tar.gz is just
symlinked to this (or whatever the latest tarball is).  This works
better for people who have automated scripts that suck distributions
down because they don't have to change their script each time.  You
can even get older tarballs if you decode the naming scheme and guess
at a URL. :)

    RH> What happened to 1.2 ? I've got 1.1 installed, updated via CVS
    RH> to mailman-1.2b1 and now we have 2.0 ? =:)

Sounds like you're not on mailman-developers.  Read this.

http://www.python.org/pipermail/mailman-developers/2000-March/001911.html

-Barry