[Mailman-Announce] Mailman 2.1.30 released
mark at msapiro.net
Mon Apr 13 14:22:30 EDT 2020
I am pleased to announce the release of Mailman 2.1.30
Python 2.6 is the minimum supported, but Python 2.7, preferably 2.7.17 -
the final Python 2 release, is strongly recommended.
This is a routine bug fix release with a few new features. See the
attached README.txt for details.
Mailman 2.1.30 will be the last release of the Mailman 2.1 branch from
the GNU Mailman project. There has been some discussion as to what this
means. It means there will be no more releases from the GNU Mailman
project containing any new features. There may be future patch releases
to address the following:
- i18n updates.
- security issues.
- bugs affecting operation for which no satisfactory workaround exists.
Mailman is free software for managing email mailing lists and
e-newsletters. Mailman is used for all the python.org and
SourceForge.net mailing lists, as well as at hundreds of other sites.
For more information, please see our web site at one of:
Mailman 2.1.30 can be downloaded from
Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> The highway is for gamblers,
San Francisco Bay Area, California better use your sense - B. Dylan
-------------- next part --------------
- Thanks to Jim Popovitch, there is now a dmarc_moderation_addresses
list setting that can be used to apply dmarc_moderation_action to mail
From: addresses listed or matching listed regexps. This can be used
to modify mail to addresses that don't accept external mail From:
- There is a new MAX_LISTNAME_LENGTH setting. The fix for LP: #1780874
obtains a list of the names of all the all the lists in the installation
in order to determine the maximum length of a legitimate list name. It
does this on every web access and on sites with a very large number of
lists, this can have performance implications. See the description in
Defaults.py for more information.
- Thanks to Ralf Jung there is now the ability to add text based captchas
(aka textchas) to the listinfo subscribe form. See the documentation
for the new CAPTCHA setting in Defaults.py for how to enable this. Also
note that if you have custom listinfo.html templates, you will have to
add a <mm-captcha-ui> tag to those templates to make this work. This
feature can be used in combination with or instead of the Google
reCAPTCHA feature added in 2.1.26.
- Thanks to Ralf Hildebrandt the web admin Membership Management section
now has a feature to sync the list's membership with a list of email
addresses as with the bin/sync_members command.
- There is a new drop_cc list attribute set from DEFAULT_DROP_CC. This
controls the dropping of addresses from the Cc: header in delivered
messages by the duplicate avoidance process. (LP: #1845751)
- There is a new REFUSE_SECOND_PENDING mm_cfg.py setting that will cause
a second request to subscribe to a list when there is already a pending
confirmation for that user. This can be set to Yes to prevent
mailbombing of a third party by repeatedly posting the subscribe form.
- The Japanese translation has been updated by Yasuhito FUTATSUKI.
- The German translation has been updated by Ludwig Reiter.
- The Spanish translation has been updated by Omar Walid Llorente.
- The Brazilian Portugese translation has been updated by Emerson de Mello.
Bug Fixes and other patches
- Fixed the confirm CGI to catch a rare TypeError on simultaneous
confirmations of the same token. (LP: #1785854)
- Scrubbed application/octet-stream MIME parts will now be given a
.bin extension instead of .obj.
- Added bounce recognition for a non-compliant opensmtpd DSN with
Action: error. (LP: #1805137)
- Corrected and augmented some security log messages. (LP: #1810098)
- Implemented use of QRUNNER_SLEEP_TIME for bin/qrunner --runner=All.
- Leading/trailing spaces in provided email addresses for login to private
archives and the user options page are now ignored. (LP: #1818872)
- Fixed the spelling of the --no-restart option for mailmanctl.
- Fixed an issue where certain combinations of charset and invalid
characters in a list's description could produce a List-ID header
without angle brackets. (LP: #1831321)
- With the Postfix MTA and virtual domains, mappings for the site list
-bounces and -request addresses in each virtual domain are now added
to data/virtual-mailman (-owner was done in 2.1.24). (LP: #1831777)
- The paths.py module now extends sys.path with the result of
site.getsitepackages() if available. (LP: #1838866)
- A bug causing a UnicodeDecodeError in preparing to send the confirmation
request message to a new subscriber has been fixed. (LP: #1851442)
- The SimpleMatch heuristic bounce recognizer has been improved to not
return most invalid email addresses. (LP: #1859011)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 195 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the Mailman-announce