[ mailman-Bugs-789897 ] Shunt clogged up - RFC2231 unicode problem?

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 18 22:06:01 EDT 2003

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by bwarsaw
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=789897&group_id=103

Category: mail delivery
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
Dozens of messages are backed up in my shunt directory
with the message "TypeError: unicode() argument 2 must
be string, not None" (full traceback example below).

This seems very similar to a problem fixed by ber with 2.0.x
earlier this year but I'm running 2.1.2 (on FreeBSD).  I tried
my best to apply a similar solution to Message.py but
apparently I don't know enough about python to make it
work.

Here's a typical Traceback --

Aug 16 16:08:25 2003 (46338) Uncaught runner
exception: unicode() argument 2 must be string, not None
Aug 16 16:08:25 2003 (46338) Traceback (most recent
call last):
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line
105, in _oneloop
    self._onefile(msg, msgdata)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line
155, in _onefile
    keepqueued = self._dispose(mlist, msg, msgdata)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/
IncomingRunner.py", line 130, in _dispose
    more = self._dopipeline(mlist, msg, msgdata, pipeline)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/
IncomingRunner.py", line 153, in _dopipeline
    sys.modules[modname].process(mlist, msg, msgdata)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py",
line 89, in process
    send_digests(mlist, mboxfp)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py",
line 130, in send_digests
    send_i18n_digests(mlist, mboxfp)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py",
line 303, in send_i18n_digests
    msg = scrubber(mlist, msg)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py",
line 257, in process
    url = save_attachment(mlist, part, dir)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py",
line 348, in save_attachment
    fnext = os.path.splitext(msg.get_filename(''))[1]
  File "/usr/local/mailman/pythonlib/email/Message.py", line
707, in get_filename
    return unicode(newvalue[2], newvalue[0])