[ mailman-Bugs-784706 ] Clarify need for genaliases in UPGRADING

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Dec 1 10:18:42 EST 2003

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by bwarsaw
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=784706&group_id=103

Category: configuring/installing
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
mailman-2.1.2/UPGRADING says:
    NOTE: When upgrading to Mailman 2.1beta1, you will
need to
    regenerate your aliases files.  There have been
many changes to
    the alias names, the programs they map to, and the
name of the
    wrapper script.  See README.<yourMTA> for details
of making
    Mailman work with your mail server.

I've upgraded from 2.0.13 to 2.1.2, this is not
2.1beta1, so  I don't need to regenerate my aliases files.

And the next paragraph says:
    To regenerate your aliases, use the bin/genaliases
script.

I've just learned that I don't need to update my
aliases files, therefore this is only an information
just in case I want to do it, but I don't want it now.

To make this clear, you could write:
  NOTE: You will need to regenerate your aliases files.
because this file is distributed with a Mailman version
which needs the genaliases step.