[ mailman-Bugs-829982 ] MakeCookie/WebAuthent fail when a user changes the password

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Dec 26 20:04:41 EST 2003

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by bwarsaw
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=829982&group_id=103

Category: Web/CGI
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
I just created a new list and I suscribed some users,
but when a user changes his password Mailman shows this
sad message:

Bug in Mailman version 2.1.3

We're sorry, we hit a bug! ....

Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/mailman/scripts/driver", line 87, in run_main
    main()
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/private.py", line 120,
in main
    password, username):
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/SecurityManager.py", line
219, in WebAuthenticate
    print self.MakeCookie(ac, user)
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/SecurityManager.py", line
228, in MakeCookie
    raise ValueError
ValueError

I could reproduce this error in other server and with
others lists and users.  I was trying under RH 9.0.
Please help me...