[ mailman-Bugs-660733 ] pipermail date handling

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Dec 31 10:31:57 EST 2003

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by followme
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=660733&group_id=103

Category: Pipermail
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
I moved my first list to mailman 2.1 and tried to re-generate the pipermail archives (just, ya know, to see how it'd work :), and got the following traceback. This is a list that's been around for a long time (archives back to 1995), and the .mbox file was generated from a majordomo/hypermail archive when it was moved to mailman 2.0 a couple of years ago.

Here's a ls -l of the .mbox file:

-rw-rw-r--  1 mailman  mailman  17741891 Jan  1 10:36 bryans-list.mbox

Here's the traceback:

Updating HTML for article 467
Updating HTML for article 468
Updating HTML for article 469
Updating HTML for article 473
Updating HTML for article 472
Pickling archive state into /home/mailman-2.1/archives/private/bryans-list/pipermail.pck
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bin/arch", line 187, in ?
    main()
  File "bin/arch", line 175, in main
    archiver.processUnixMailbox(fp, start, end)
  File "/home/mailman-2.1/Mailman/Archiver/pipermail.py", line 544, in processUnixMailbox
    m = mbox.next()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/mailbox.py", line 34, in next
    return self.factory(_Subfile(self.fp, start, stop))
  File "/home/mailman-2.1/Mailman/Mailbox.py", line 79, in scrubber
    return mailbox.scrub(msg)
  File "/home/mailman-2.1/Mailman/Mailbox.py", line 99, in scrub
    return self._scrubber(self._mlist, msg)
  File "/home/mailman-2.1/Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py", line 132, in process
    dir = calculate_attachments_dir(mlist, msg, msgdata)
  File "/home/mailman-2.1/Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py", line 93, in calculate_attachments_dir
    datedir = safe_strftime(fmt, now)
  File "/home/mailman-2.1/Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py", line 77, in safe_strftime
    return time.strftime(fmt, floatsecs)
TypeError: argument must be 9-item sequence, not None

I'm guessing it's a header problem in one of the messages, but I'm not sure what.

Thanks,

Bryan

Comment By: Zoran Dzelajlija (followme)