[ mailman-Patches-640518 ] SpamAssassin handler

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Jan 27 23:18:44 EST 2003

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=300103&aid=640518&group_id=103

Category: list administration
Group: Mailman 2.2 / 3.0

Initial Comment:
I've updated the existing SpamAssassin patch (534577)
for Mailman 2.1.

Comment By: Shamanic Acid (shamanicacid)
Date: 2003-01-27 23:18

I am a bit confused in which SpamAssassin.py file to use.
There does not seem to be an embedded version number in the
download links.

The diff I see is as follows:

$ diff SpamAssassin.1.py SpamAssassin.py
62,65d61
< # First, play footsie with _ so that the following are
marked as translated,
< # but aren't actually translated until we need the text
later on.
< def _(s):
<     return s
71,73d66
<     reason = _('SpamAssassin identified this message as spam')
<     rejection = _('You message was identified as spam.')
<
78,80d70
<     reason = _('SpamAssassin identified this message as spam')
<     rejection = _('You message was identified as spam.')
<

Question # 1. Do I want to use the SpamAssassin.py file with
the "footsie" code?

Question # 2. Does the SpamAssassin.py code allow for
exceptions when the e-mail is from the $list-owner ( bounces
to moderator ) ?

I ask because I ran into a problem with a mailer-loop
occuring when  SpamAssassin errantly tagged the $list-owner
moderator  bounces as spam. ( spamassasin marks pending
e-mails from $list-owner with score 7.6 )

I have not read through all the code, I am curious if
mlist.isMember(sender) includes the owner alias?

Many Thanks in Advance

Comment By: Jon Parise (jparise)