[ mailman-Bugs-765935 ] qrunner eat my disk inodes and kills my machine!

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Jul 4 07:20:52 EDT 2003

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=765935&group_id=103

Category: configuring/installing
Group: 2.0.x

Initial Comment:
One of the mailman crontab scripts (I think qrunner) has
been writing a new log file every minute since I installed
mailman 4 months ago. 400,000 separate logfiles later,
my /var partition fills up with the inodes of these empty
files effectively disabling most of my favourite services.

Nasty. Currently taking over 5 hours to clean up /var. I
have disabled the mailman crontab.

I'm using version 2.0.9-1 (RedHat RPM). Is this fixed in
subsequent versions? Something like appending to an
existing logfile would be nice.

Anyone else using mailman, I'd advise giving your system
a periodic 'df -i' just in case this miserable fate befalls
you too.