[ mailman-Bugs-747830 ] Host name changes not followed

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Jun 2 17:55:06 EDT 2003

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=747830&group_id=103

Category: Web/CGI

Initial Comment:
I have a server called foo.x.com but have all the lists
running on it running of a CNAME called lists.x.com.

The value for both DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST and
DEFAULT_URL_HOST in Defaults.py is foo.x.com, however
both variables are set to lists.x.com in mm_cfg.py.

All lists were originally created with the value in
mm_cfg.py set to foo.x.com and so they all have
foo.x.com as their preferred hostname and show up in
the http://foo.x.com/mailman/listinfo page.

However I want them to be listed on
http://lists.x.com/mailman/listinfo.

If I try to change the hostname each list prefers then
it seems to take effect but sometimes on clicking
submit I get redirected to the exact same admin page
but on foo.x.com not lists.x.com. All the links in the
admin interface point to foo.x.com except the link to
the lists archives which points to lists.x.com.

I really dont want to have to delete lists and recreate
them just top get them to show up on the correct domain
name as they already have hundreds of subscribers to
each list.

Have I configured something wrong?

(a quick grep of the files in the /var/mailman/lists
directory shows that each list info file contains the
words foo.x.com AND lists.foo.com)

Im using mailman 2.1.2 compiled from source running on
RedHat 8.0.

Thanks