SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Jun 16 09:08:56 EDT 2003

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by bwarsaw
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=746995&group_id=103

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I have just install mailman and everything seems to be
working until I try to create a mailing list using the
web interface.  When I click on the create list button
I get this error below.  I couldn't find in in the FAQ
and the archives listed was a bad link.  What is set wrong?

But if I log in as mailman and run the command line
utilities to create the mailing list there aren't any
problems.

Bug in Mailman version 2.1.2

We're sorry, we hit a bug!

If you would like to help us identify the problem,
please email a copy
of this page to the webmaster for this site with a
description of what
happened. Thanks!
Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/mailman/scripts/driver", line 87, in
run_main
    main()
  File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/create.py", line
55, in main
    process_request(doc, cgidata)
  File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/create.py", line
217, in
process_request
    sys.modules[modname].create(mlist, cgi=1)
  File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/MTA/Postfix.py",
line 232, in create
    _update_maps()
  File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/MTA/Postfix.py",
line 53, in
_update_maps
    raise RuntimeError, msg % (acmd, status, errstr)
RuntimeError: command failed: /usr/sbin/postalias
/var/spool/mailman/data/aliases (status: 1, Operation
not permitted)