[ mailman-Bugs-643605 ] RFC2882 and / in subscriber address

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 6 08:20:31 EST 2003

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=643605&group_id=103

Category: (un)subscribing
Group: Postponed

Initial Comment:
Reproduced from the mailman-users list.  Thanks to Bill
for the followup.

--chris

Majordomo would tell you the same thing but I agree
that it is a legal address (we use similar addresses
internally at work) and should be accepted.   RFC2822
(http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2822.html) clearly allows
it in the local-part (Section 3.4.1) as a dot-atom.

This should be fixed but in the mean time I don't think
you are going to get it into mailman.

Bill W.