[ mailman-Bugs-699900 ] Postfix 450 errors keep Mailman looping

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat Mar 8 03:04:45 EST 2003

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=699900&group_id=103

Category: mail delivery

Initial Comment:
When Postfix is configured to give transient (450) SMTP errors on local error, and Mailman tries to send to an unknown local recipient, Mailman by default keeps trying to deliver the same message every second. 450 is the default on some Postfix installations.

This addition to README.POSTFIX might help other people in curing such a problem.

I also think retrying every second is a bit blunt, but I haven't investigated that - there's probably a parameter for it :)

cheers,
walter