[ mailman-Patches-677940 ] English Only mailman

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 10 08:47:46 EST 2003

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=300103&aid=677940&group_id=103

Category: internationalization
Group: Mailman 2.1

Initial Comment:
Strips out all languages except english.

# cd mailman-2.1/messages
# rm -fr big5 cs de es et fi fr hu it ja ko lt nl no
pt_BR ru sv
# cd ../templates
# rm -fr big5 cs de es et fi fr hu it ja ko lt nl no
pt_BR ru sv gb
# cd ../misc
# rm -fr JapaneseCodecs-1.4.9.tar.gz
KoreanCodecs-2.0.5.tar.gz

Date: 2003-03-10 17:47

How about something like the attached patch then ? That,
with something like 'make english_install' or 'smallinstall'
or whatever, could be used to install only the english
templates/messages. I would say it adds only minimal
overhead to regular Mailman, and it makes installing
languages as a separate package a lot easier.

Comment By: Barry A. Warsaw (bwarsaw)