[ mailman-Feature Requests-403310 ] Have a maximum member count limit on lists.

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Mar 11 05:29:24 EST 2003

Feature Requests item #403310, was opened at 2001-01-18 12:02
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350103&aid=403310&group_id=103

>Category: None
>Group: None

Initial Comment:
This patch to Mailman 2.0.1 makes it possible to control how large lists can be, in terms of members.  Different lists can have different limits.  Warnings will be sent to the list owner when the list is getting full, at configurable percent levels.  When the list becoms full, the owner will be notified and new subscription requests will be queued.  When there is room in the list, either because someone else unsubscribes or the limit is increased, queued requests will be subscribed.

The limit can only be controlled by a command line script, list owners can't change the limit by themselves unless they have access to the mailman installation.

See README.MAXNOMEMBERS for details, which is included in the patch.