[ mailman-Bugs-730405 ] NNTP -> Mail ignores filter_mime_types

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun May 11 23:38:49 EDT 2003

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by bwarsaw
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=730405&group_id=103

Category: nntp/news
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
I have configured filter_mime_types to include
text/html, otherwise, I left the 2.1.2 defaults unchanged.

When I send a mail with HTML and plain text
(multipart/alternative) as mail to the list, the HTML
part gets stripped out properly, leaving a text/plain
mail behind.

If I post a mixed HTML/plain mail to the newsgroup, the
text/html part remains in the mail that gets forwarded
into the list. I would like to have the text/html part
removed also when the mail is pulled in via NNTP (seems
I'll have to make the mail <-> news gateway one-way and
only allow mail -> news, but not the other way around).

I cannot provide a patch (unacquainted with both Python
and Mailman code), but I will test patches sent my way
or attached to this tracker item, time permitting
(allow me some days for testing).

Thanks in advance.