[ mailman-Bugs-730814 ] HTML stripped regardless of filters

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon May 12 08:11:37 EDT 2003

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by hallcp
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=730814&group_id=103

Category: mail delivery
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
If I enable "content-filtering", HTML is a;ways
stripped out regardless of my other filter settings. I
have tried to track this down and it appears that
MimeDel.py is collapsing ALL multi-part emails to
a single component. This leaves the plain text but
strips off the HTML flavored portion.

If I disable content-filtering, MimeDel is
neutralized and HTML email works OK.

The suspect function
is "collapse_multipart_alternatives".

FYI: my test emails were sent from Outlook.

I posted and emailed to others on the Users mailing
list, but no one responded that they have gotten
filtering to work either.

This looks like a real nice feature. I hope you guys
can fix it.