[ mailman-Patches-688410 ] better phrasing for listinfo page

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed May 14 21:04:30 EDT 2003

Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by bwarsaw
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=300103&aid=688410&group_id=103

Category: Web UI
Group: Mailman 2.1

Initial Comment:
The default listinfo page says "please send questions
or comments to foo-owner at bar.org".

The problem with this is that people repeatedly think
"oh, I'll send my Samba question to the mail
administrator, rather than to the mailing list."

This patch attempts to make it more clear that the
administrator address is for problems with the lists
themselves.  It has dropped the number of misdirected
mails on our high-traffic site from a couple per week
to almost zero.

Comment By: Martin Pool (mbp)