[ mailman-Bugs-835012 ] incorrect permissions on archive index file

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Nov 3 08:14:48 EST 2003

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=835012&group_id=103

Category: security/privacy
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
The index file for list archives is created with the wrong
file permissions. I'm referring to:

mailman/archives/private/ --listname-- / index.html

All my lists have index.html set to "rw-rw-rw-" which
seems too permissive.

I think this can be corrected by modifiying the
Archiver.InitVars method inside the file:

   mailman/Mailman/Archiver/Archiver.py .

I just added:
   os.umask(omask)
before the line that reads: