[ mailman-Patches-840426 ] SpamAssassin handler for pre-tagged mail

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Nov 11 20:54:13 EST 2003

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=300103&aid=840426&group_id=103

Category: list administration
Group: Mailman 2.1

Initial Comment:
In my ISP enviroment (and many others, based on my
readings of various MTA lists) ALL incomming mail is
scanned by MailScanner, which includes Spamassassin
analysis, with the results put in the header.

Simmilar to the other SA handlers in here, this one
deals with pre-tagged mail.

To install, drop this into the $prefix/Mailman/Handlers
directory, add 'SpamAssassin' to the GLOBAL_PIPELINE in
$prefix/Mailman/Defaults.py and (optionaly) add
configuration directives to $prefix/Mailman/mm_cfg.py
(SPAMASSASSIN_DISCARD_SCORE, SPAMASSASSIN_HOLD_SCORE,
SPAMASSASSIN_MEMBER_BONUS)

Mail that is above the ..._DISCARD_SCORE is silently
thrown away; above the ..._HOLD_SCORE is held for
moderation. The ...MEMBER_BONUS subtracts that score
from the tagged score if the sender is on the list.

One could easily customize the error/warning messages
in the top of this file.

It MAY be necessary to tweek the regular expression
that actualy sucks out the score from the headers...
Uncomment my debug syslog lines to help.