[ mailman-Bugs-818752 ] Changing option via email not work

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Nov 25 00:47:21 EST 2003

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by bwarsaw
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=818752&group_id=103

Initial Comment:
Some of user options are not affected when you change
them via an email.

eg.
When you send a command email to xxxx-request,
system returns an email stating that option is set,
but that is not set actually.

set authenticate password
set delivery off

then to see if that option is set properly

set authenticate password
set show

You can change options of ack, myposts, hide, etc via
an email but cannot change options of delivery and
digest.

I can reproduce this issue on Mailman 2.1.2 and 2.1.3
on Redhat Linux.
I even tried on Mailman-Users list and got the same
result.