[ mailman-Bugs-820322 ] Crash when global subcription change causes collision

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Oct 8 18:47:58 EDT 2003

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=820322&group_id=103

Category: (un)subscribing

Initial Comment:
I ran into this bug in MailMan version 2.1.2 today:

If you change your e-mail address "globally" (on all
lists to which you subscribe), and one of those lists
(other than the one whose options page you're working
from) already has a subscription under your new address
(as well as your old address), then MailMan will crash
(and display an exception traceback).

For example, I was working from the web-team page
http://domain.net/mailman/options/listname
as I tried to change my address globally.  This would
affect about ten lists to which my old address
subscribed, including a list called "Team" among
others.  But "Team" already had my new address among
its subscribers, so it could not accept another one.
Rather than giving a graceful error message when it
discovered this, MailMan just crashed.

I didn't capture the exception traceback, but it should
be easy to reproduce.

     - Rich