[ mailman-Feature Requests-820728 ] limit postings by count

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Oct 9 12:37:19 EDT 2003

Feature Requests item #820728, was opened at 2003-10-09 12:37
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350103&aid=820728&group_id=103

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Place a limit on the number of postings/day before the list
becomes temporarily moderated.  (mlist.emergency gets
set and EmergencyHold added to the processors.)

Ideally, there would also be a separate per-poster limit
before the individual became temporarily moderated.

Reason:  If one (or even several) individuals sets up a
bad .vacation responder or succumbs to a virus, the list
may soon be swamped with junk traffic.  Better to shut it
down than to swamp all readers.

(Why yes, I am on a pair of lists sending out new digests
every 5 minutes because of a .vacation loop problem.  In
this case, it would be enough to stop posts from this
individual, but I realize that may not always be the case.)