[ mailman-Bugs-1007298 ] Bad email address parsing

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Aug 11 16:18:01 CEST 2004

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1007298&group_id=103

Category: None
Group: 2.0.x

Initial Comment:
When I send messages to a subscriber-only mailing list
(on SourceForge) that I subscribe to, they still
sometimes get held waiting for admin approval.

The email address that I use is:
  Donal K. Fellows <my.real at email.address>
and mailman holds the message because it thinks the
email address is donalk.fellows (with no spaces) and
not the bit in angle brackets.

Examining the headers of the message that was sent, I
see that the problem messages are missing double-quotes
from around my real name (it seems that I've found a
buggy email client) but since everything else
(including Exim and Mozilla) accepts the message just
fine, I think that something's not right with your
email address parsing.

The precise version of mailman being used is 2.0.9
apparently, if that helps.