[ mailman-Feature Requests-923122 ] reply_goes_to_list allow poster+list option

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Dec 14 17:28:20 CET 2004

Feature Requests item #923122, was opened at 2004-03-25 14:01
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by ura
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350103&aid=923122&group_id=103

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Right now, the reply_goes_to_list option allows (a)
poster, (b), list, and (c) explicit.  How about (d)
poster AND list?  That is, insert/override a reply-to:
header containing both the list name, and the original
reply-to (if present, else From: address).  For extra
credit, omit the original poster if they are a list member.

This would be very useful for a number of lists I
maintain, where 90% of the traffic is among the list
members (hence having a simple reply go to the list),
yet a few messages come in from the outside world
(hence including the original poster's address).

I'm using mailman 2.1.4 on GNU/Linux.

Thanks,
karl at freefriends.org

Comment By: URA Hiroshi (ura)