[ mailman-Feature Requests-1086838 ] show email attachment name in web interface

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Dec 17 04:34:57 CET 2004

Feature Requests item #1086838, was opened at 2004-12-16 19:34
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350103&aid=1086838&group_id=103

Initial Comment:
On a mailman hosted list we recently had someone submit
a post with an  attachment, it was over our max message
size and was held for the  moderator.  So far, so good.

However, when using the web admin tool, there was no
info on what the  attached file *was*.  Just the mail
header of "multipart/alternative",  and then the email
body followed by the beginning of the binary contents
of the attached file.  To better make an informed
decision about what to do with a held email with an
attachment, it sure would help to have the attachment
filename.   (Of course, the filename can be inaccurate,
the file could do something other than what the name
says, but if you know/trust the sender, knowing the
filename might give you a reason to want to approve the
email with the file where you normally reject all
emails with attachments.)