[ mailman-Bugs-905532 ] bin/update fail 2.1.5

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat Feb 28 23:41:40 EST 2004

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by bwarsaw
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=905532&group_id=103

Category: configuring/installing
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
pending.pck was moved from data directory to per list
directories. bin/update script succesfully cares this
when 2.1.4 to 2.1.5 version up but ends in error if
you want updat from 2.1.5 to 2.1.5 (alpha version up
from CVS).

here is the error message.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bin/update", line 774, in ?
    errors = main()
  File "bin/update", line 698, in main
    update_pending()
  File "bin/update", line 563, in update_pending
    for key, val in db.items():
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute
'items'

I hope the attached patch may be useful.