[ mailman-Patches-869394 ] Enhanced logging for filter rule discards

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Jan 2 11:53:42 EST 2004

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=300103&aid=869394&group_id=103

Category: bounce processing
Group: Mailman 2.1

Initial Comment:
I started playing with the filter rules to automatically
discard messages that had relatively high spam scores.

I noticed, however, that the logging when a message is
discarded was rather poor.

So, I hacked together a bit of code to improve the
logging.

NOTICE: I am not a Python programmer ... so I can't
gaurantee that this patch is without error.  It seems to
work on my system, but that's all I can say.

This is a patch on Mailman 2.1.4!

The vette log entry will look something like this:
Jan 02 10:43:04 2004 (7665) testlist post from
root at linux.midrange.com discarded, msgid:
<200401021643.i02Gh3B2007694 at linux.xxxxx.com>:
Message discarded by filter rule match