[ mailman-Bugs-715581 ] plain text digest bug in appending messages

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 21 13:09:30 EST 2004

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by fjpb
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=715581&group_id=103

Category: mail delivery
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:

Sometimes, messages are incorrectly appended in the plain digests, which cause 2 or more messages to be attached to 1. For example, I got a digest which mentions one message in the Topic list, but at the end of this message, the next message is "glued" to the bottom of it:

(...top of first message...)
(...second message continues with all it's headers and content)

As you can see, the "From..." of the second message starts directly after the last character of the first message.

Here's a second example:
(... top of first message...)
peace out:
-oscarFrom EMAILADDR at aol.com  Tue Apr  1 15:04:42 2003
(..second message continues...)

Again, the "From..." from the next message is glued to the previous message.

Is this a simple missing end of line issue or is it more complicated?
I can't seem to see a good pattern in it...

Ricardo.

Comment By: Fred Bone (fjpb)