[ mailman-Bugs-887806 ] List preferred_language config.

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Jan 30 22:01:14 EST 2004

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by bwarsaw
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=887806&group_id=103

Category: configuring/installing
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
I'm using MM 2.1.1 with Redhat 9.0 (rpm packages).
When I see MM can use big5 I'm teting it with fun and
it give me an problem that I never think of.

In state changing the whole/system wide to big5, I've
choose to change the preferred_language in one of my
list (dailycquote) to be big5. This cause a big problem
I can never get into the admin page anymore. not even
bin/config_list -o .

This is the error message

Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/mailman/scripts/driver", line 87, in run_main
    main()
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 192,
in main
    show_results(mlist, doc, category, subcat, cgidata)
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 515,
in show_results
    form.AddItem(show_variables(mlist, category,
subcat, cgidata, doc))
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 564,
in show_variables
    add_options_table_item(mlist, category, subcat,
table, item)
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 579,
in add_options_table_item
    val = get_item_gui_value(mlist, category, kind,
varname, params, extra)
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 615,
in get_item_gui_value
    value = gui.getValue(mlist, kind, varname, params)
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Gui/General.py", line 446,
in getValue
    return Utils.uncanonstr(mlist.subject_prefix,
mlist.preferred_language)
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py", line 761, in
uncanonstr
    return s.encode(charset)
LookupError: unknown encoding: big5

(when accessing the admin page, after keyin password)

This is the error from CLI when using config_list.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "../../bin/config_list", line 339, in ?
    main()
  File "../../bin/config_list", line 332, in main
    do_output(listname, outfile)
  File "../../bin/config_list", line 117, in do_output
    do_list_categories(mlist, k, None, outfp)
  File "../../bin/config_list", line 166, in
do_list_categories
    value = gui.getValue(mlist, vtype, varname, data[2])
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Gui/General.py", line 446,
in getValue
    return Utils.uncanonstr(mlist.subject_prefix,
mlist.preferred_language)
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py", line 761, in
uncanonstr
    return s.encode(charset)
LookupError: unknown encoding: big5

As you can see it is all about the unknow big5.

something I wounder, why would config_list bouther if
it is big5...
Please help

I've think about a solution that is to edit the Db of
the mailling list, however, I've never success.