[ mailman-Feature Requests-1001243 ] complete message available on approval

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat Jul 31 20:04:02 CEST 2004

Feature Requests item #1001243, was opened at 2004-07-31 18:04
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350103&aid=1001243&group_id=103

Initial Comment:
For a few lists, it is desirable to be able to see an
entire pending message before it is approved.
Currently, mailman truncates messages on the "posting
held for approval" page (after clicking an individual
message or "all messages from..." on the admin request
page).

For example, this is the case for info-gnu at gnu.org.
rms wants moderators of that list (of which I am one)
to check that postings meet the rather stringent
criteria.  Without shell access to the mailman host,
the only way I've found to see the full message is to
forward it to myself.  This is painful and slow, when
mailman could easily display it.

I understand and agree that truncation is usually
preferable.  This could be a per-list variable, or just
an option on the approval page to select on a
per-message basis, anything would do ...

Thanks for your consideration.