[ mailman-Bugs-908414 ] www.list.org/faq.html "personalization" entry

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Mar 2 11:40:25 EST 2004

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=908414&group_id=103

Category: documentation
Group: None

Initial Comment:
The FAQ located at http://www.list.org/faq.html has a
section on "Can I put the user's address in the footer
that Mailman adds" (currently question #4) says that
various "VERP" variables need to be set in the
mm_cfg.py file to turn on that site's lists'
"personalization" option.  But, of course, these
control the VERP settings, not "personalization" itself
(and, in particular, setting those variables will not
actually turn the "personalize" option on that site's
lists' configuration screens, as described in the
paragraph immedately below those lines).

I believe this section should instead give this
(single) assigment line:
OWNERS_CAN_ENABLE_PERSONALIZATION = 1

Thanks.

Nathan