[ mailman-Bugs-908747 ] MAILMAN_URL documentation in Defaults.py

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Mar 2 22:03:23 EST 2004

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=908747&group_id=103

Category: configuring/installing
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
I see that the Mailman footer logos have not been HTML
links to the "home" web sites since revision 2.5 of the
htmlformat.py file -- but, for whatever reason, the
footer does still have links to those sites when the
Image Logos are tuned off.

As far as I can tell, the only time the MAILMAN_URL
setting is ever used is in this page footing -- and
then it's used only when logos are disabled.  It seems
like the explaination of MAILMAN_URL in Defaults.py
should be updated to mention this fact (assuming it's
true).

Or, htmlformat.py could be edited so that the text-only
footer doesn't have links, either, and MAILMAN_URL
could then be eliminated from Defaults.py completely.
(The variables PYTHON_URL and GNU_URL could be
eliminated from htmlformat.py, too.)

(I bring this up because I saw the MAILMAN_URL
mentioned in Defaults.py as I was setting up my site,
and then wondered what I had done wrong/misconfigured
when the Mailman icon did not take me to the Mailman
web site as I expected....)

Thanks.

                                                    Nathan