[ mailman-Bugs-909548 ] VERP_CONFIRMATIONS only applies to "invites"

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 4 00:40:45 EST 2004

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=909548&group_id=103

Category: (un)subscribing
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
It appears that VERP_CONFIRMATIONS=1 in the mm_cfg.py
file only turns on VERP-style messages for
confirmations sent as a result of an "Invitation" on
the "Mass Subscription" administration page -- not
those send when the user subscribes or unsubscribes
him/herself from the web page or via e-mail.

I don't know if there is a reason this was only
implemented for Invitations, but if the other
VERP-style confirmations aren't soon going to be added,
I would recommend adding an explanation of the
situation to the relevent section of Defaults.py.

(e.g. "Currently, VERP confirmations are only
implemented for Invitations sent by the list
administrator from the Mass Subscription administrative
page; other confirmation messages will still be sent
using default (i.e. less friendly) Subject line." )

                                 Nathan