[ mailman-Bugs-914249 ] Virus posts to moderated lists

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 11 12:20:09 EST 2004

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by karres
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=914249&group_id=103

Category: security/privacy
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
The W32.Beagle virus has been able to post multiple
times to a moderated Mailman 2.1.3 mailing list, so
emergency moderation of the list has been enabled.
At least two other people, as reported on
mailman-users, have had this trouble since last
Friday, March 5th, when W32.Beagle was spreading.

The virus was posting using a moderator address, so
that moderator was removed.  The moderator bit is
and was turned on for all users, including the now
*sole* moderator.  I can send the mbox archive
headers to anybody who is interested.

Mail:  ted <at> ire.org
--Ted

Comment By: dk (karres)