[ mailman-Bugs-688751 ] Scrubber/attachment bug on NetBSD

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 11 19:19:51 EST 2004

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by awrede
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=688751&group_id=103

Category: mail delivery
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
I'm using Mailman 2.1.1, and have encountered issues
with mail delivery of messages with attachments (having
to do, I think, with the recent change to use the
scrubber on such messages for digests).

I actually have ARCHIVE_SCRUBBER set to 0 on my system,
since I use MHonArc for archiving. Still, the scrubber
is called from ToDigest. As a result of this bug, ANY
message with an attachment is currently getting
shunted!!  :(

Here's an example stacktrace from the error log:

Feb 18 11:20:55 2003 (7122) Uncaught runner exception:
[Errno 1] Operation not permitted:
'/home/mailman/archives/private/greengrass_coordinator/attachments/20030217/d2897c2f'
Feb 18 11:20:55 2003 (7122) Traceback (most recent call
last):
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line
105, in _oneloop
    self._onefile(msg, msgdata)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line
155, in _onefile
    keepqueued = self._dispose(mlist, msg, msgdata)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Queue/IncomingRunner.py",
line 130, in _dispose
    more = self._dopipeline(mlist, msg, msgdata, pipeline)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Queue/IncomingRunner.py",
line 153, in _dopipeline
    sys.modules[modname].process(mlist, msg, msgdata)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py",
line 82, in process
    send_digests(mlist, mboxfp)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py",
line 123, in send_digests
    send_i18n_digests(mlist, mboxfp)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py",
line 295, in send_i18n_digests
    msg = scrubber(mlist, msg)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py",
line 219, in process
    url = save_attachment(mlist, part, dir, filter_html=0)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py",
line 341, in save_attachment
    makedirs(fsdir)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py",
line 333, in makedirs
    os.path.walk(dir, twiddle, None)
  File "/usr/pkg/lib/python2.2/posixpath.py", line 279,
in walk
    func(arg, top, names)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py",
line 332, in twiddle
    os.chmod(dirname, 02775)
OSError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted:
'/home/mailman/archives/private/greengrass_coordinator/attachments/20030217/d2897c2f'

To work aorund this issue, I've currently commented out
lines  331-333 on my system.

Comment By: Andreas Wrede (awrede)