[ mailman-Bugs-915075 ] virtual-mailman is missing domain entry

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 12 10:51:50 EST 2004

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=915075&group_id=103

Category: mail delivery
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
I've configured mailman-2.1.1-5 (RH9 RPM) according to
README.POSTFIX.

Support for a Postfix-style virtual domain in general
looks like:
virtual.domain             anything (right-hand content
does not matter)
user1 at virtual.domain address1
user2 at virtual.domain address2, address3

But Mailman is not adding the domain entry at the start
of the virtual-mailman file, which is required for
Postfix-style virtual domains.
This means that mm is configuring a sendmail-style
domain. That's not what we want. I had to add the
virtual.domain line by myself, because otherwise
Postfix does not accept mails sent to virtual.domain.
Is there already a fix? I assume that mm will always
overwrite my edited virtual-mailman when a new list is
added.