[ mailman-Bugs-974759 ] HTML email and attachment archiving inconsistencies

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 10 10:04:18 CET 2004

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by nickbower
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=974759&group_id=103

>Category: Web/CGI
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
With archiving set to on and content filtering off
(default options everywhere), I've encountered
inconsistencies with the mail archiving and multipart
attachments.

If I send a HTML email, the arhived message correctly
shows the text/plain porition with a link to the HTML
version.

However if I send a HTML email with an image
attachment, the archived message shows nothing except
for the link to the image.  The original message (in
either plain text or HTML) is lost.  I would have
expected the same plain text view with now 2 links to
both the HTML part and image attachment.  I've tested
this with Outlook and Evolution.

Note that if I send 1 or more images attached to a
plain text message, everything works as expected.

Thanks, Nick