[ mailman-Feature Requests-1071305 ] option to turn off daily reminders

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Nov 22 22:47:06 CET 2004

Feature Requests item #1071305, was opened at 2004-11-22 16:47
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350103&aid=1071305&group_id=103

Initial Comment:
I am running a list set to immediately send administrative
requests (admin_immed_notify  set to yes), but I am getting
daily notices as well.  I don't want to receive daily notices.
The immediate notices are sufficient.  Nor do I see the logic
in filling my inbox with daily notices when I'm not around or
haven't had a chance to process the immediate notices that
are already sitting there.

Seeing that there is no way to do this without changing the
code, and that many Mailman users are not Python
programmers or do not have the permission to make such
changes on the server they are using, I think it would be
best if this was made an option that could be set through the
web interface for each list. That way administrators could
choose immediate notifications, daily summaries, or both.