[ mailman-Bugs-1071427 ] Changing bounce_score_threshold punts subscribers

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Nov 23 04:34:03 CET 2004

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1071427&group_id=103

Initial Comment:
As described in my post to mailman-users on Nov 16th.
=====
I'm using Mailman 2.1.5.

I ran into a situation today where a list owner changed
the bounce_score_threshold from 7 to 3, and 55
subscribers were disabled when cron/disabled ran. Most
of these users haven't seen a bounce in at least weeks,
in some cases years, but they all did have bounce
scores over 3 and under 7.

I'm unsure exactly why this happened, I thought there
were things in place to handle this (removing stale
bounce info, bounce probe
emails). From my mail logs it looks like Mailman sent
an email to the subscriber and the list owner at the
same time. I don't know what was in the mail to the
subscriber, but the list owner got this:

=====