[ mailman-Feature Requests-1070016 ] Better way to manage google & co

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Nov 25 16:16:43 CET 2004

Feature Requests item #1070016, was opened at 2004-11-20 14:20
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by shub
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350103&aid=1070016&group_id=103

Initial Comment:
It`s possible to disallow google to index a public web-archive
of a mailinglist by a robots.txt.

But it would be much nicer if a admin could change this
behavior in the MM-admin-config-interface.

If a flag like "robots_allow_index" is set to NO, pipermail
should add a HTML-Header

<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW">

to each html-page generated by pipermail.

Comment By: Brad Knowles (shub)