[ mailman-Patches-1029275 ] Maximum number of members per list.

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Oct 17 06:23:22 CEST 2004

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by tkikuchi
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=300103&aid=1029275&group_id=103

Category: list administration
Group: Mailman 2.1

Initial Comment:
With this patch site administrators can control the
maximum number of members per list.

I really need this feature but it's my first attempt
changing mailman code so i don't known if it's the best
way to handle this situation and if a list
administrator can override 'max_members'.Comments, anyone?

I've patched mailman 2.1.5 and the mailman 2.1.5
official debian source package (through dpatch) and it
seems to be working fine on my test server.

The lists that doesn't have 'max_members'[*]  or where
it's 0 are unlimited and i've created (based on
change_pw) the change_maxmembers script where you can
change and print the 'max_members' attribute from a
list (or many).

[*] = How the new attributes situation is handled? On
upgrade you add what's missing with the upgrade script
or what?

Hope that helps,
Gustavo Franco -- <stratus at acm.org>
RITS - http://www.rits.org.br/

p.s: It's being accepted i guess that we can ack some
of the suggestions at the RFE #403310.