[ mailman-Bugs-1020372 ] Mailman reminders causing overloaded mailboxes.

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Sep 1 14:48:27 CEST 2004

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1020372&group_id=103

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi there,

I'm sure you're aware of this problem, and I know there
is a manual fix for it (changing the reminder date),
however I feel that this should be randomised at
installation time, or at least forceably requested from
the administrator at installation time, as too many
administrators leave it set to the first of the month.

As a matter of diligence, putting a warning in the
installation docs about changing the date should (IMHO)
be the least you do. Requiring an extra argument to
./configure would get you bonus points
(--with-reminder-date ?).

If there is interest in this, but no-one wants to
implement it, I could be cadgered into providing a
patch if you like.

Thanks for your time,

David.
A happy and satisfied Mailman user, albeit one that
gets bombarded monthly. :)

PS: Aware of the option to disable reminders, but
again, it's non-default.