[ mailman-Bugs-1180872 ] subscriber with colon in address can't be removed

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Apr 11 18:40:42 CEST 2005

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by kiwimonster
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1180872&group_id=103

Category: (un)subscribing

Initial Comment:
We are running Mailman 2.1.4 on debian.

Somehow, one of our lists wound up with an improperly
formatted address like this:

   mailto:username at domain.com

The list administrator is not able to remove this
member from the web interface.  When I attempt to
remove them with remove_members, I get this traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./remove_members", line 186, in ?
    main()
  File "./remove_members", line 176, in main
    admin_notif, userack)
  File "/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line
954, in ApprovedDeleteMember
    self.removeMember(emailaddr)
  File
"/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/OldStyleMemberships.py", line
220, in removeMember
    self.__assertIsMember(member)
  File
"/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/OldStyleMemberships.py", line
113, in __assertIsMember
    raise Errors.NotAMemberError, member

>From reading rfc822, it looks like colon is not an
allowed character in an email address.