[ mailman-Feature Requests-1264981 ] Option to determine what member is allowed to post

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat Aug 20 19:44:42 CEST 2005

Feature Requests item #1264981, was opened at 2005-08-20 17:44
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350103&aid=1264981&group_id=103

Initial Comment:
Using Sympa mailing list program, you can determine
who is allowed to post to the mailing list, by still
keeping the e-mail on hold. This is very handy when we
have to create a list of members that can only receive e-
mails and are forbidden to post. It also adds some
security, and avoids to have to check all member's
requests to post which are pending. If a member is
disallowed then he just receives the forbidden message
already in use.
It is a clean way to proceed.

Thus I recommend adding a field that would contain a
list of members allowed to post. Else we could add a
column in the member list wich a checkbox that
determines who is allowed to post. This would be the
best. We would choose a tag name for the default
setting and the administrator of the list would be able to
choose who can post on this list.

I just add that we can do that already, but what I want is
to allow only one member to post, and the mail being
put on hold, and NOT sent directly. The moderator
would still have to accept his post manually. The others
are just notfied that they are not allowed to post or
discarded.

Thank you.
Daniel