[ mailman-Bugs-1266729 ] Default list signature blocks do not follow good netiquette

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Aug 23 04:57:55 CEST 2005

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1266729&group_id=103

Category: mail delivery
Group: More Information Needed

Initial Comment:
I recently noticed on a mailing list to which I am a
member that the signature blocks did not comply with
good netiquette guidelines.  After discussing this with
one of the list maintainers, and getting those lists
corrected, he informed me that the faulty blocks were
the default under mailman.  If this is not the case, I
apologize.  Basically, a signature block should begin
with two hyphens and a space, followed by a newline.
Currently, the default blocks begin with the two
hyphens and a newline, without the space.  For more
information, please see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signature_block

For the curious, the lists that we dealt with were the
Fedora Project mailing lists.