[ mailman-Bugs-1384535 ] Mailman CGI Web Pages Inaccessible

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Dec 18 19:46:41 CET 2005

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1384535&group_id=103

Category: Web/CGI
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
The web pages generated by the Mailman GUI and CGI
modules do not conform to accessibility standards in
any way, shape, or form, and are almost entirely
useless from the point of view of a blind or visually
impaired user.

The primary problem I have, is that the various radio
buttons (for defer, accept, reject, etc.) are NOT
assigned to their respective labels (using
<label>/<input> matching), and thus screen readers
have absolutely no way of figuring out what button
goes with what label.  As such, it is impossible for
someone (who isn't already intimately familiar with
the user interface) to actually work with it.

Are there any plans to actually work on this at some
point?  I'm in a bit of a pinch right now, and may try
to hack some <label>'s into my own code, but....